Are you one of the "one in three"?
Many women bear the secret of a past abortion(s). In fact, about one in three American women are walking around with this secret which can hinder their personal walk with God and steal their joy.
Healing is possible and God is as close as the air we breathe, waiting to hear our whispered cries for help.
Reach out ... you are not alone.
Can we talk? Without judgment? Without a political agenda? Confidentially?
Call Arkansas Valley Pregnancy Center at 384-5561 for confidential information on how you can receive healing. We offer individual peer counseling and have a post-abortion "Forgiven and Set Free" class available.
Not sure? Take our Post-Abortion Distress Test to see how a past abortion may be affecting you without your even realizing it.
Post-Abortion Distress Test
This "test" is for your information only. It does not collect any information. You may also download a printable copy.
Answer "Yes" or "No" for each question.
- Do you find yourself struggling to turn off the feelings connected to your abortion(s), perhaps telling yourself over and over to forget about it?
- Are you affected by physical reminders of your abortion (e.g. babies, pregnant women, sound of a vacuum), or are you uncomfortable around children?
- Have you experienced a desire to be pregnant again, perhaps wishing to replace your aborted baby?
- Have you experienced any new or increased self-destructive behaviors (promiscuity, abusive relationship, eating disorders, drug/alcohol abuse)?
- Have you experienced any reactions such as nightmares, flashbacks, or hallucinations (such as hearing a baby cry) that related to your abortion experience?
- Have you experienced periods of prolonged depression?
- Have you had any suicidal thoughts since your abortion(s)?
- Are you unable to talk about your abortion(s)?
- Do you fear that you will never be able to have children, or more children?
- Do you tend to look at your life in terms of "before" and "after" the abortion?
- Have you experienced a numbing of your emotions - an inability to feel strongly?
- Do you feel sad or depressed on the anniversary date of the abortion or the anniversary of the due date of the baby?
- Are you bothered by feelings of guilt or shame?
- Do you grieve the loss of your baby?
- Are you having trouble forgiving others who were involved in the decision to abort or in your abortion(s)?
- Do you have mothering problems with any of your living children (e.g. over-protective, difficulty with physical affection, failure to bond, etc.)?
There is no "scoring" for this test. If you are troubled in any way by your involvement with abortion (i.e. had one or more abortions, encouraged or helped someone else obtain an abortion), please contact us. We are here to help.
Your privacy is very important to us. When you communicate with us, please tell us the safest way to respond to your call, email, message, etc.
You may contact us confidentially and without any cost or obligation:
Phone: 384-5561 and ask for Judi Cole
Facebook: Private Message to Judi Cole or Arkansas Valley Pregnancy Center
Postal: AVPC, Attn: Judi Cole, PO Box 249, La Junta, CO 81050