ALL our services are free and confidential.
Free STD/STI* testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Treatment for chlamydia is available through AVPC.
- STD/STI education available.
Who should be tested for STI/STD's?
- Anyone who has had a new sex partner within the past 6 months.
- If you are sexually active and this includes oral, anal and vaginal sex.
It is estimated that 8 million 15 - 24 year olds get infected every year.
Even with 100% condom use, you remain at risk for STI/STD's. 100%? Who does anything 100% of the time?
Your sexual health is important, decisions you make today can affect you literally for a lifetime.
Testing and education is free. Know for sure.
Call 384-5561 today to make a confidential appointment.
* Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) /
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
Free Pregnancy Tests
An unexpected pregnancy is a hard thing to face. A pregnancy test is a good place to start. Our staff has helped with over 1,400 pregnancy tests since 1995.
AVPC pregnancy tests are:
- Fast (results during your appointment)
- Safe (sealed, disposable, never re-used)
You don't have to face it alone.
Call us to schedule an appointment with a caring, knowledgeable peer counselor for a free pregnancy test. Our office is open Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. We can usually schedule you the same day.
We're here to help YOU! Give us a call now: 384-5561 (24/7).
Clients who have a positive pregnancy test at the Arkansas Valley Pregnancy Center are offered a free limited ultrasound. The purpose of the limited abdominal ultrasound is to confirm pregnancy and determine the viability of your pregnancy. Our trained registered nurse is available during your scheduled appointment to answer questions you may have and to offer additional support and resources. It is important to determine the viability of your pregnancy; on average, 1 in 4 pregnancies end in natural miscarriage.
For more information regarding this and why it is important to have an ultrasound before making a decision regarding having an abortion call us at 719-384-5561 now (24/7).
Post-abortion counseling and studies
Post-Abortion Distress Test
This "test" is for your information only. It does not collect any information. You may also download a printable copy.
Answer "Yes" or "No" for each question.
- Do you find yourself struggling to turn off the feelings connected to your abortion(s), perhaps telling yourself over and over to forget about it?
- Are you affected by physical reminders of your abortion (e.g. babies, pregnant women, sound of a vacuum), or are you uncomfortable around children?
- Have you experienced a desire to be pregnant again, perhaps wishing to replace your aborted baby?
- Have you experienced any new or increased self-destructive behaviors (promiscuity, abusive relationship, eating disorders, drug/alcohol abuse)?
- Have you experienced any reactions such as nightmares, flashbacks, or hallucinations (such as hearing a baby cry) that related to your abortion experience?
- Have you experienced periods of prolonged depression?
- Have you had any suicidal thoughts since your abortion(s)?
- Are you unable to talk about your abortion(s)?
- Do you fear that you will never be able to have children, or more children?
- Do you tend to look at your life in terms of "before" and "after" the abortion?
- Have you experienced a numbing of your emotions - an inability to feel strongly?
- Do you feel sad or depressed on the anniversary date of the abortion or the anniversary of the due date of the baby?
- Are you bothered by feelings of guilt or shame?
- Do you grieve the loss of your baby?
- Are you having trouble forgiving others who were involved in the decision to abort or in your abortion(s)?
- Do you have mothering problems with any of your living children (e.g. over-protective, difficulty with physical affection, failure to bond, etc.)?
There is no "scoring" for this test. If you are troubled in any way by your involvement with abortion (i.e. had one or more abortions, encouraged or helped someone else obtain an abortion), please contact us. We are here to help.
Your privacy is very important to us. When you communicate with us, please tell us the safest way to respond to your call, email, message, etc.
You may contact us confidentially and without any cost or obligation:
Phone: 384-5561 and ask for Judi Cole
Facebook: Private Message to Judi Cole or Arkansas Valley Pregnancy Center
Postal: AVPC, Attn: Judi Cole, PO Box 249, La Junta, CO 81050
Learn to Earn (Free Cribs and Car Seats)
Arkansas Valley Pregnancy Center offers several programs to earn a new crib and mattress or a new car seat.
upper back pain, minor heart problems free cialis ischemic bowel disease or no non generic cialis prescription. factors for instance pre-existing conditions that could also contribute cialis to levitra compared.
- Trained volunteer peer counselors provide these programs.
- Due to the popularity of this program you could be placed on a waiting list. Therefore, you should not wait until the last month of your pregnancy to sign up.
- An individual or couple may work on only one program at a time.
- To receive the most from each program a program will not be offered in double sessions.
- Clients may participate in as many programs as they desire after they have earned a new crib and mattress and a new car seat. Further incentive gifts may be limited by program budget.
- The Arkansas Valley Pregnancy Center purchases new cribs and car seats according to local availability and price. Special requests cannot be honored.
- How to Really Love Your Child (for first time parents) - 6-8 weeks
- How to Really Love Your Teen - 8 weeks
- New Kid by Friday (for families with older siblings) - 8 weeks
- Single Parenting That Works - 8 weeks
Couples / Marriage / Relationships
- Love and Respect - 13 weeks
- Within Our Reach - 8 weeks
- Budget Planning - 7 weeks
- Search for Significance - 12 weeks
- Lady in Waiting- 8 weeks
- Within My Reach - 8 weeks
- Real Essentials - 8 weeks
- Forgiven and Set Free (a post-abortion Bible study) - 13 weeks
- Healing a Father's Heart (a post-abortion Bible study for men) - 13 weeks
- Oil & Wine for the Wounded Adult (adult victims of abuse, including sexual abuse) - 12 weeks
- A Time to Heal (loss Bible study) - 12 weeks
- Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy (pregnancy loss Bible study) - 12 weeks
- Basic Bible Study - 6, 12, and 18+ week classes
- Lies Women Believe/Lies Young Women Believe - 10 weeks
You may choose:
- Two of the listed Learn to Earn program(s) to earn a new crib and mattress or,
- One of the listed Learn to Earn programs to earn a new car seat.
You must complete the program(s) to earn the item you choose.
Maternity Clothing, Baby Clothing and Furniture
We provide practical support in the form of maternity and children's clothing (up to size 12), baby food, and diapers. Give us a call to schedule a visit to our Boutique.
- Information on pregnancy, adoption, and abortion
- Ongoing friendship and support
- Referrals to counseling, medical care, financial assistance, and adoption information
- Library books and videos
- Advocates, labor coaches
- Parenting classes and studies
- Abstinence information
- W.A.I.T. Training Abstinence Presentations for Youth and Adults
- ... and more.
Call us at (719) 384-5561 to make an appointment to confidentially discuss your needs with a trained peer counselor.